Thursday, February 18, 2010

Women's Curling

Yesterday was my 17th birthday, and to celebrate it I got to go to an Olympic Event with my church group. I won my ticket by a little Olympic Trivia, which I am now a pro in. So I am all ready to go to a Victory Ceremony at BC Place when I realized that we were leaving way to late for the victory ceremony. It turned out that I won tickets to Women's Curling at the Vancouver Olympic Centre. It was a pleasant surprise for me and I enjoyed myself! It was a fun experience!
There was three curling games going on at the same time, Great Britain versus Sweden, China versus Switzerland and Russia versus Denmark. The winners of the match was Sweden, China and Russia. I had no clue about curling but by the time I was out of the Centre I was full of knowledge. I was looking confused when a nice Canadian gentlemen asked me if I needed help understanding the game. I knew he was Canadian because of his Canadian jacket! He explained the game to me and then I really got into the game! I was getting fixed on the Swiss vs. the Chinese, the Swiss cheering squad was in the back ringing cow bells! Their cow bells were HUGE! The game was really intense but at the end China won, but the Swiss played really well. A bunch of American guys were in the stadium trying to get everyone pumped up and excited by doing the wave! It worked, and the stadium looked really awesome!

I went downtown today and went to LiveCity Yaletown with my tourism class and then wondered around. Will have a post about that in a little bit! The medal count for Canada right now is 3 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze!!

No comments:

Post a Comment