Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2010 Cauldron

After the victory ceremony I went to the outdoor cauldron, Downtown was so busy! The street was filled with many people and everyone was showing off their own country!! I walked from the waterfront station to the cauldron, I did not know where it was so I asked the volunteers. They are really nice and they pointed the way to the cauldron. Many people were wanting to see the cauldron and it was a sea of people. When I reached to the cauldron there were gates! Gates were around the cauldron and to make it worse there was a banner! You could hardly take a nice picture of the cauldron! Aah it annoyed me because this is something that people want to take a picture of! I got up to the front pressing my camera lens through the fence and got a couple of pictures. Some one had ripped off the banner in the front so people can take pictures.


Even though the the Cauldron was covered it was an amazing sight. It was massive and it burned strong! This was also the same night that Alexandre Bilodeau won the first gold medal on Canadian soil! Go Canada! As of today the medal count for Canada is 1 Bronze Medal, 2 Silver and 2 GOLD!! Today Maelle Ricker won GOLD!! So excited!! Victory Ceremony tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. thats a nice shot there but u need to update your medal count its 3 gold 3 silver and 1 bronze

    ReplyDelete